Saturday, June 8, 2013

Patriotic American Girl Doll Outfit

I was in need of some "cotton therapy" and I started early this morning sewing.  I had purchased several doll patterns this past week from Liberty Jane clothing and I decided to make the Bandeau top. 


With the 4th of July coming up I decided to make two outfits to list on my Etsy store.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/153459900/patriotic-outfit-for-18-inch-american

I purchased a fat quarter patriotic bundle from Hobby Lobby and I made the top using one of the fat quarters - red with white and blue stars.
 
I made a simple skirt and used the red/white/blue ribbon to accent the colors of the top.  I used white cotton for the skirt material.
 
I love the Bandeau top pattern.  It was easy and the photo and instructions were easy to follow. Will be making some more of these.
 
Here is the back view - with dolls hair down ( I just love my dolls long hair).  Wishing now I hadn't cut 20 inches off of my own.....
I used dark blue material for the straps to accent the top as well.
 
Back view with dolls hair up.
 
 
Having fun taking photos - I wonder what my neighbors think of me when they see me outside taking photos of the dolls....LOL
 
 
Thanks for stopping. As always comments are welcomed.
GiGi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment