Sunday, June 23, 2013

18 inch Boy Doll - Little Slugger outfit

This morning I created an outfit for an 18 inch boy doll - Ryan is the modeling Little Slugger outfit.  He is the doll I transformed this past week from a Generation girl doll - here is the link just incase you missed it http://gigisdollcreations.blogspot.com/2013/06/transforming-girl-doll-into-boy-doll.html

I had several request to make some boy doll outfits and I went to Joann's and found some really nice red jersey knit fabric and some red and white baseball print fabric.   I made a T-shirt and a pair of shorts.  I used a doll short pattern and extended the length on them for "boy shorts".


I wanted to make a baseball hat so I went through my patterns and came across Simplicity 1928 - cap A.  I modified the pattern. I did no sew in liner and I changed location of brim to make it look more realistic.  I sewed a 2 inch strip of elastic in the back to create a snug fit.


I have this outfit listed on my Etsy store  https://www.etsy.com/listing/154800334/boy-doll-18-inch-baseball-outfit



I found the baseball at the Dollar Tree store. Perfect size and perfect fit for dolls hand.
 
Thanks for stopping and browsing.  Comments are welcomed.
 
GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment