Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Custom Zebra outfit


One of my customers asked me to make a matching doll outfit for her daughter for Valentines day.  She brought me the outfit and I took several pictures and studied it. Below are some photos's her the childs outfit.


I found the material at Hobby Lobby - zebra polyester and I already had black polyester. After looking at it and looking through my pattern selection I chose to use a standard pants pattern.

I took the zebra material - polyester and made ruffles and attached to bottom of leg pants.

For the top I used and modified McCalls pattern 5775 (lower middle photo on package) to come up with the top.

 



I made yo yo's and bow tie ribbons and hand sewed them. I used hook and loop tape to close the back of the top.  I was afraid it would snag so I tested it before attaching it and the kind I used doesn't snag the polyester.  I think it looks really close to the childs outfit.

Let me know what you think - I love to read comments and suggestions.

GiGi