Friday, March 8, 2013

Doll Furniture and Bedding

It has been a while since I have posted on my blog and I apologize.  I have been busy sewing doll bedding and other clothes.  My wonderful husband started making me handcrafted doll furniture.  I wanted a bed to display the doll bedding.  I didn't want to take pictures of it laying on the floor or across something.  I think taking realistic photos are important. So he made me a bed and he started making different designs.  Several people were wanting the "farmhouse" style bed. He also made a night stand that the drawer actually works and adirondack chairs.  I have a couple of vendor event sales coming up and so I now have furniture to display.  Enjoy the photos.



 
Here is one of the farmhouse style beds, night stand.  I found a small chevron print notebook at the Dollar store and found a small green basket (at Dollar store 4-pack) and used it for the dolls laundry basket. You can see it at the foot of the bed.  I made the sundress she is wearing from and upcycled toddler dress.  I used LJC pattern - Hayden dress and modified it.  
 



 





 
            Adirondack Chairs for American Girl and other 18 inch Dolls
 
               These chairs are very sturdy.  She fits perfectly in the chair.
 
 I love how the American Girl fits into the chair so perfectly.  We are selling the chairs - unfinished for $35.00

No comments:

Post a Comment