Thursday, May 29, 2014

Serger Brother 1034D - Tutorial on How to Oil






I love sewing with my Brother 1034D Serger.  I was so intimidated when I first got the machine.  I actually let it sit on my sewing counter for about 4 months before I decided - I can do this.  I feared changing the thread.  It is a piece of cake.....so easy. Just follow the instructions on the machine.  If you have not used your machine in the back of the book it says "Oil machine before using".  I did this before I started.  The book also recommends to oil it once a week or once a month depending on how much you use it.  I use mine with almost every garment I sew with - the only items I do not use it on is  when I sew doll shoes for the 18-inch dolls.



I purchased Zoom Sprout from my local Brother Dealer.


I love this bottle.  The design is perfect to getting oil into tiny spots. It has a retractable telescoping spout and the best part it is drip free. 


Lets begin - make sure you clean all dust particles from machine before oiling.

Gently squeeze bottle add a drop or two on the areas that the book shows.  Below are the two areas I am oiling. 

Area #1

 Area #2

Now you are ready to Serge your items.


Thanks for reading my blog.  Be sure and click "following" to see my future tutorials.

GiGi 









1 comment: