Wednesday, May 28, 2014

American Girl Doll Closet and Hanger Tutorial




Just as girls need closets for their many clothes and shoes so does the American Girl Dolls. I found this doll closet on clearance at Michael's for 14.99 from the Springfield collection.




Tutorial on making  store bough closet into your dolls person doll closet



I purchased toddler size hangers from the Dollar Tree - get 6 for a $1.00 - pink, blue, and white are the color choices I had at my store.  I had my husband cut off part of the hanger to fit the 18 inch doll clothes.  He used his upside down Jig Saw.  He said you could use a band saw to cut the plastic. 

 This is where he made the cut.
 The finished product.
I like these that have the curved notch - great for hanging up doll clothes with straps. 
 I think this makes an excellent doll closet for any American Girl doll or other 18 inch dolls.
McKenna is trying on shoes.
 What will we wear today?

Thanks GiGi




3 comments:

  1. My granddaughter asked me to make hangers for her doll closet. I can't wait to make them for her. Part of her Christmas present this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the American Girl clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you trim the portion you cut off, then used floral wire to suspend it from the hooks on the hanger, you can use it for leggings or wraps and shaws that go with the outfit

    ReplyDelete