Tuesday, May 20, 2014

American Girl Doll Kitchen and Custom Cabinet Tutorial

Dennis made a custom kitchen cabinet to fit in between the kitchen set I purchased from Target - Our Generation doll brand.  Our granddaughters love it. Screamed for joy when they seen this.

This kitchen set is worth the money.  $61 dollars and it comes with a lot of play food and dishes. 

McKenna likes the refrigerator.  The trash can is a pencil holder that I purchased from Dollar Tree. 

Isabelle likes to cook - made a cherry pie.
I didn't like the design behind the stove.  I purchased pink tile paper from Michael's and he laminated it and placed it onto top of what was there.  I like it better.  These are the kitchen accessories that came with the kitchen set. I am still going to decorate the walls.  

I love how this custom kitchen cabinet that he made turned out.  Doors open with shelves.
The larger can good and drinks, I added from a kitchen play set that the granddaughters played with.

He made his own pattern for this.

He purchased 1/2 inch pine craft board from Lowe's and small hinges for the doors. 





Here is the back before he put on the backing.  We chose not to paint the inside.  

Here is the small cabinet next to kitchen sink.  


I love how this kitchen turned out.  Granddaughters loved it too. He had already made the kitchen table and chairs.  Once again no pattern - came up with his own. 


Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to "follow blog" to keep up with my American Girl Doll Creations.

GiGi




1 comment: