Tuesday, March 4, 2014

18 inch doll Infinity Scarf - Free Pattern & Tutorial on backdrops for photos

Here in Kentucky - we are snowed in from the five inches of sleet and snow (mostly sleet), so I am taking advantage of my workplace being closed and sewing.  I tried out Pixie Faire's (Liberty Jane Clothing) free pattern tutorial.  I used black Jersey Knit to make the infinity scarf.  The top shown here is a modified version from Summer in Paris pattern I purchased from LJC.

 
Here is the link for the free tutorial for the infinity scarf.

http://www.pixiefaire.com/blogs/doll-tips-and-tutorials/8536969-easy-infinity-scarf-tutorial-for-dolls

I also made my own back drops for my photo shoots when I take photos of the dolls. I purchased foam core board from the Dollar Tree store ($1 each) and purchased brick and decking board/fence scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby when it was on sale for 50% off and I used a glue stick and glued the sheets onto the board.  I put brick on one side and decking fence on the other side.  I cut out a small piece 12 x 20 and glued brick scrapbook sheets onto the board to give the appearance of walking on sidewalk or patio. You can do a lot with scrapbook paper and three trifold poster board also.

Here is the dish I purchased at Dollar Tree (see blog on Thrifty Doll Finds #3) and I used my circle punch and cut out vinyl for the dog pet dish - realistic look just like the ones you buy for real pets.

Happy Sewing/Crafting,

GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment