Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Bedding

Awhile back when shopping in Nashville, TN I came across the bright and colorful hot air balloon fabric.  I only bought a yard and wish now I would have purchased more.  It was pricey so, I just purchased the one yard. When I seen the fabric I thought about Saige the 2013 American Girl doll.  I decided to make doll bedding for American Girl. I made two sets and listed on my Etsy store - https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisDollCreations
or https://www.etsy.com/listing/127055641/reversible-bedding-for-american-girl

 I made a multi-colored chevron print pillow to accent the colors in the bedding.  Some of the balloons have chevron design on them.

 I used solid dark pink fabric for the reversible side.

Thanks for stopping by - your comments and thoughts are welcome.

GiGi

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I couldn't make my mind up at first on what to do with it so, I decided to make bedding. Wasn't sure if I should use the chevron for the reversible fabric - thought it would be too busy so that it when I decided to use solid color and then use the chevron for the pillow. I made two bedding sets and have 1/4 yard left. Not sure what do with it - doll clothes? Doll pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea thanks. Very bright and colorful and would look good.

    ReplyDelete