Thursday, December 14, 2017

Tutorial on how to Make Farmhouse Style Wooden Slice Christmas Ornaments

I am starting to do live FB post on my  Stitches 2 Paint Facebook Business Page and last week.  I am still new to learning to do live Facebook. I am branching out doing more creative things other than just sewing doll clothes.  I hope to inspire you to do the same.  My new designed Etsy Store Stitches 2 Paint and FB page names have been changed to reflect that Stitches 2 Paint.

In my second live Facebook I did a tutorial on how to make Farmhouse Style Wooden Slice Christmas Ornaments.  


I love the white background with black lettering paired up with red and black buffalo plaid ribbon


I love the Rae Dunn font she uses on her farmhouse dishes and accessories.  I purchased commercial license for a font that is similar that represent Tall Skinny letters to make these wooden slices.
There is a a free font on Dafont called The Skinny for personal use only but if you want to sell items using it then you will need to purchase the commercial license. There are some SVF Fonts also on Etsy to use with your vinyl cutting software.  FontBundles.net has a similar font called Overcoat & Snowflakes Extras that comes with commercial license also.

I purchased these round wooden slice/circles from Hobby Lobby to use.


Here is the live video I did on Facebook showing start to finish how I made them.  I show several versions of hand painting the letters and applying vinyl cut with Cameo machine. 


I hope you enjoyed the video, be sure to like and follow my FB business page for more live video tutorials on a variety of crafting/sewing/embroidery/painting
 and as always than you for stopping by

GiGi





No comments:

Post a Comment