Saturday, April 5, 2014

Love U Bunches Doll Pattern Review

When Pixie Faire released doll scrubs pattern from Love U Bunches I had to purchase it. Being a nurse myself I wanted to promote nursing within the 18 inch doll section.  Not only can this scrub pattern be used for nursing, but doctor and vet-tech as well.  I made my granddaughters some scrubs for their dolls to play with.  They wanted Vet-tech version.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I really like the way Chris Saunders - Love U Bunches writes and illustrates her doll patterns.  I currently own two of them.  Doll Scrubs and Days of the week panties.
 
 
 Days of the week panties - even comes with printable days of the week ( I haven't made them yet...will this weekend)
The patterns are written in color which I really like.  When I copy patterns to cut, I copy them onto card stock and that provides stability when cutting fabric.
 Her photo's are clear and uses several photo's to illustrate how to sew.
 She also uses different colors in her photo's to illustrate sewing lines and techniques. Below in photo shows blue doll scrub top and uses red lines to illustrate sewing line. Black lines to illustrate where to clip in curve.

Below is a photo of how I store my patterns.  I print out on cardstock paper and then use plastic sleeve in three ring notebook.  The plastic sleeve is behind the printed instructions. It also provides a tab separator in between the patterns I download and print.
 
 
 
Some Facebook groups refer to the patterns as LUB (shorter version) so if you ever see this they are referring to Love U Bunches patterns. Be sure to check out her patterns on her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LoveUBunches or purchase them on Pixie Faire at http://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/love-u-bunches
She has several to choose to from 2 tops, 2 dresses, pressing tool, and portable closet.
 
GiGi

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment