Sunday, March 11, 2018

Farmhouse Faux Barn Wood Wall Decor DIY Tutorial

I had my husband cut out the wood design.  I watched a tutorial on YouTube on Faux wood painting and created this design for my kitchen wall.  Now to decide which wall I want to hang it on.

I used mostly Apple Barrel Paint and for the Aqua color I used Folk Art Aqua paint. I used wired burlap ribbon from Hobby Lobby to create the bow.  Jute for string to hang.

 Used Flamenco Red for the base coat
 For the faux barn wood paint I used  Khaki, Black and Dark grey
 Here is the paint on Styrofoam plate and stiff cheap brush
 Slightly Dip bristles into paint and dab onto paper towel 
 And create soft brush strokes with very little paint. 
 Use stiff brush, lightly brush on different natural occurring colors to create faux wood look.
 Painted black lines down the front to create the faux barn wood panels. Highlighted with some of the Khaki paint
I used Sweet Hipster font from dafont to create the words Grateful, Thankful and Blessed on my Cameo Silhouette machine.  I am not good at totally free hand painted words - yet.  It takes time and practice. 
 I used Ormask 813 stencil cutting vinyl and did the reverse weeding method by taking the words out. 
 I used transfer paper to apply Ormask 813 to the wood.  Removed the transfer tape and made sure the vinyl was pressed onto the wood to prevent any of the paint going under the vinyl. 
Here is the paint I used for the letters
 I used round foam dabber to lightly paint the letters.  I did light coats - 2 - 3 times. I then pulled up the vinyl while the paint was still wet.


Attached the bow and jute string to hand with using staple gun.  Here is the finished product.  

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial on creating a Farmhouse Style Barn Wood Wall decor.

As Always, Thanks for Stopping by and browsing my blog.

XoXo
GiGi




No comments:

Post a Comment